2022年7月13日

still going downhill

Ok. Something is seriously wrong with my luck these days.

Initially I didn't think too much about it.
You know, life is all ups and downs.
But ... It's been stuck in the downs for some time... And still kinda not picking back up.

So... Update re: the IV NOVOSeven.

I received a call from my new nurse manager BV. Asking me who had ordered the medicine. So I replied as to what I rmb, the Haem Dr. What name exactly I can't rmb. I've got so many new MOs to recognise and remember their names.

Then the next question. Did our ED Dr note about the order?
Yes, Dr Lim EL noted. He came over for a while while me and RN CPN was preparing the medicine. And he threw a casual comment about yah yah learn it or smth along that line cuz we were fumbling with the instructions paper.

Third question. Was I preparing the medicine to give ourselves or to give to the Dr to give?
Uhm... I thought nurses were licensed to give IV meds as long as it's not a controlled drug? And MAR did not stop me from administering it. It allowed 2 registered nurses to cosign too. So... 

She went on the say that apparently it is a blood product so we may not be licensed to give... But like... Blood transfusions leh? 2 registered nurses can give ah...?

She was like we need to find out. May need to EHOR ( reporting the event to the higher ups ). Lol. Fine, I wait for their final decision. But I definitely did not cause harm to patient what... Dr's hands more skilled in giving IV meds meh. Idk man. As long as we give the meds over the stipulated time, like for this NOVOSeven it's 2minutes, why we cannot give? I don't think ward nurses (experience from my 4 years as a student) handed any drug other than IV controlled drugs to doctors...

Ok. That's that.

Next thing.
Ok. This, I feel like I abit too naive and got too much integrity to spare.
Was sending pt up to Neurosurg High Dependency ward... Just when I am about to end my shift. With a new MO. He kinda pushed a bit too fast and didn't really stop in time for the flappy door to fully open. And... You guessed it. We broke the door.

While we could definitely have stayed silent about it since no one witnessed the event other than the both of us... I don't know what gave me the courage to confess to the nurses that we might have broken the door. Like the flap kinda popped from the higher metal hinge on top controlling the opening and closing.

So. They asked for my name... And the MO's name. She said she might need to report to her Sister regarding this.

So how? Have to tell my Sister lah... Otherwise their Sister call my Sister and then the whole shit is going to be worse. So have to prepare them lorh... So I told Sister H. And... Yah. Waiting for updates.

Walao.

You get what I mean?

Like on top of my swayness in patient load... 

Ugh.