2023年6月21日

SSN

 O.O

I have been promoted to SSN !!?!?!!

Ok... Effective from 1 July 2023...

My sis asked me how do I feel...

My first thought was ... So fast?

I've seen too many nurses who have been with the hospital for >5 years who are still stuck as SN1 ... And as a result, they left... Well, I would say that though promotion is not the only reason they're leaving, it is definitely part of the many reasons which led to them choosing to leave.

My second thought was... Now I am on par! I knew one of my NUS batch mate who have been already promoted last year. 2 years plus into their nursing employment! That is like mind-blowing! Though I must admit, they do deserve to be promoted. I have seen them do their jobs as just a student, they must have really excelled as a staff nurse. Well, me being promoted 3 years plus into my career, I deserve a small pat on the back too I guess. 😄 (Though it's unclear of how much being a NUS-grad had a play in this...)


Third thought was... Damn... I am then pretty sure my juniors that also graduated from NUS would be promoted this year... So am I then lagging behind in this sense? I always have these thoughts rummaging through... Fear of lagging behind... Fear of not performing well enough... Fear of not being recognised enough... But then again... They have gone for AENC... Which gives them more knowledge as a ED nurse than me... So... What can I say if they are also promoted this year? Nothing. I should just shut up and be grateful. 🥲


Yes, I am grateful. Especially when I think about my preceptor who had guided me through my first 6 months of the official nursing career in ED. She was a SN1 when she was guiding me... And I had expected she'd be promoted after I had passed my probation. She wasn't... Until she left. She was in service for at least 7 years. Not sure for how long she was a SN1, but am pretty sure that if my current knowledge warrants me a promotion, she definitely would've qualified for one too. Not sure if it was Covid to blame for the past years. Or that too many seniors have left so I became the next in queue to be promoted. Lol.


Well... Sure thing that I grateful for this opportunity, kinda excited and nervous though for what would be expected of me. Jia you bah!